carbon tubes | titanium lugs
Métier Vélo LLC is a one-person bicycle design and fabrication shop in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Métier Vélo bicycles are built with 3D-printed, 6/4 titanium lugs and carbon-fiber tubes. The lugs and tubes are bonded together with epoxy into light, tough, performance frames. Métier Vélo frames have a distinctive look reminiscent of classic lugged steel, and can be repaired by de-bonding and replacing damaged tubes.
In addition to frames, Métier Vélo produces 3D-printed custom dropouts and components in 6/4 titanium, and custom accessories in plastic.
Métier Vélo LLC is Jamie White [owner | builder | rider]
The Métier Vélo Winter Training Bike is a disc-brake road bicycle with clearance for 33mm tubular tires. The relatively short 420mm chainstay, 73˚ seat and head tube angles, and stiff tubes provide a responsive ride. Seventy millimeters of bottom bracket drop and 48mm of fork rake give a stability on long, rough descents. Cosmetics are printed directly into the lugs or bonded to the frame. The Black-Ti finish of marine vanish and wax is easily refreshed.
- 3D-printed 6/4 titanium lugs designed by Métier Vélo, printed by GPI Prototypes
- Carbon tubes by Rock West Composites
- Bonded with West System105/209 epoxy
- 1,490g with cables, headset, bottom bracket & rear thru-axle
- Integral internal cable guides printed into lugs
- Clean & elegant internal cable/hose runs
- Syntace X-12 compatible custom rear dropouts
- Optimized, custom rear derailleur hangar
- Custom rear brake mount for 140mm rotor
- Integrated saddle mount
- Paragon Machine Works titanium bottle bosses bonded with vibration-resistant West System G/flex
- Tapered head tube with integrated Paragon Machine Works adjuster barrels
- Clearance for 33mm tubular tires
- Black-Ti finish: hand-applied marine varnish & wax
- 17.4 lbs ready-to-ride
- Chris King InSet2 headset & Pressfit30 ceramic bottom bracket
- TRP 15mm thru-axle fork
- SRAM Red22 Hydro Disc WiFli 50/34 chainrings & 11-34 11-speed casette
- Quarq ElsaR Powermeter
- Rolf Prima Cross CX tubular wheels
- Challenge tubulars for unpaved conditions